Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest Glock Range Report
10-05-2015, 08:39 PM,
Threads: 79
Here are the targets from my first shoot. The top row is 5 yards and the bottom is 7.

From left to right is the XDM 5.5 inch, the Glock 17 contest gun, and then my 1911 Springfield.

The Glock is lighter than either of the other two and the muzzle flip was noticeably different. The Glock had no flip at all. In fact, it was noticeably less than any gun I have ever shot. Kudos to the smith who did the work.

One note, I shot only using the iron sites. The red dot was on the gun, but I did not use it.

I have to admit she is sweet shooter. As you can tell from the targets, I shot it best, and that says a lot since this was the first time.

[Image: 5Yards_zps2wb6dbyi.png]

[Image: 7Yards_zpsy2xuvzd8.png]
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]

From left to right is the XDM 5.5 inch, the Glock 17 contest gun, and then my 1911 Springfield.

The Glock is lighter than either of the other two and the muzzle flip was noticeably different. The Glock had no flip at all. In fact, it was noticeably less than any gun I have ever shot. Kudos to the smith who did the work.

One note, I shot only using the iron sites. The red dot was on the gun, but I did not use it.

I have to admit she is sweet shooter. As you can tell from the targets, I shot it best, and that says a lot since this was the first time.

[Image: 5Yards_zps2wb6dbyi.png]

[Image: 7Yards_zpsy2xuvzd8.png]
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]
Find
10-05-2015, 08:47 PM,
RE: Contest Glock Range Report
Threads: 53
Very Nice! Good job trying it against some of your other pistols. I doubt I would have thought of that. Puts it in a bit more perspective.

You should do another range day and compare Iron Sights Vs. Red Dot!
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

— Luke 22:36, NIV

You should do another range day and compare Iron Sights Vs. Red Dot!
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

— Luke 22:36, NIV
Find
10-05-2015, 10:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 10:42 PM by BelieveIn308.)
Threads: 124
I think all three pistols are sweet! How did you think that Glock handled? What were you impressions of it?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
10-06-2015, 08:38 AM,
Threads: 376
Nice shooting. All three did well and the Glock performed as it should. Next test....same set up but use a stock Glock and see if you hold the same pattern.
Find
10-06-2015, 02:59 PM,
Threads: 207
Try putting more trigger finger on the XDM at 7 yards.
Find
10-14-2015, 11:23 PM,
Threads: 21
Nice shooting with all three! I may need to get a quote for some work on one of my G-17's

Sent from a tool that you don't want to be at the receiving end of....
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated

Sent from a tool that you don't want to be at the receiving end of....
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Find
10-25-2015, 12:15 PM,
Threads: 61
Hmm! Interesting....
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find