Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It happens" ...ummm...
08-27-2015, 10:46 AM,
"It happens" ...ummm...
Threads: 53
What do you guys think?

Read here

I think... There should be some heavy charges for that... Idk about the whole pulling your ccw though

Read here

I think... There should be some heavy charges for that... Idk about the whole pulling your ccw though
Find
08-27-2015, 12:39 PM,
RE: "It happens" ...ummm...
Threads: 13
If this man is in a normal frame of mind why should this be any different than a car accident. They don't take licenses away. Luckily nothing bad happened. However if something did then there could be negligence on his part.
Find
08-27-2015, 01:38 PM,
Threads: 376
(08-27-2015, 12:39 PM)Fireman Wrote: If this man is in a normal frame of mind why should this be any different than a car accident. They don't take licenses away. Luckily nothing bad happened. However if something did then there could be negligence on his part.

Ouch. This is not good. That weapon should have never left his side or leg or where ever he had it stored. When it comes to a weapon, there is no excuse. What if a Bad Guy got it and decided to use it for a crime? What if that crime was murder? This guy really dodged a bullet on this one. I would say he should receive a stiff penalty with the possibility of a CCW loss or at least a suspension for 6 months on his CCW and he attend mandatory training classes.
(08-27-2015, 12:39 PM)Fireman Wrote: If this man is in a normal frame of mind why should this be any different than a car accident. They don't take licenses away. Luckily nothing bad happened. However if something did then there could be negligence on his part.
Ouch. This is not good. That weapon should have never left his side or leg or where ever he had it stored. When it comes to a weapon, there is no excuse. What if a Bad Guy got it and decided to use it for a crime? What if that crime was murder? This guy really dodged a bullet on this one. I would say he should receive a stiff penalty with the possibility of a CCW loss or at least a suspension for 6 months on his CCW and he attend mandatory training classes.
Find
08-27-2015, 02:06 PM,
Threads: 124
I am of the thought that such an incident should be like a Driver's License ticket. So many points against your CCW. While I think it is incredibly irresponsible, can someone tell me just what law was broken? Since no one was harmed, and if no law was broken, then I think his CCW should be 'ticketed' and on a second incident revoked or restricted.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
08-27-2015, 03:54 PM,
Threads: 53
I could see a penalty system... X amount of points and it gets taken away.. And I agree that he dodged a bullet! He's incredibly lucky no one decided to just pick it up. I still think just pulling his ccw is a little harsh.. But at the same time.. The damage that could have been done is pretty severe. So a points system would make sense. At the same time, it goes back to carrying being a right vs. A privilege like he says.

But Idk what law... Just negligence? But they could probably find a lot to throw at you.. Like in the article it mentions child endangerment too
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

— Luke 22:36, NIV

But Idk what law... Just negligence? But they could probably find a lot to throw at you.. Like in the article it mentions child endangerment too
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

— Luke 22:36, NIV
Find
08-27-2015, 10:22 PM,
Threads: 79
There are 35,000 accidental deaths per year involving automobiles and 500 involving guns.

The point is regardless of what we do to deter people from being negligent with their cars we have a 70 times worse problem than negligence with guns.

As others have said the consequences should be the same even though cars are much more dangerous.
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]

The point is regardless of what we do to deter people from being negligent with their cars we have a 70 times worse problem than negligence with guns.

As others have said the consequences should be the same even though cars are much more dangerous.
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]
Find
08-28-2015, 12:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2015, 12:48 PM by BelieveIn308.)
Threads: 124
Dutz, thank you for your argument. Being that I am from the People's Republic of Illinois, I keep forgetting this is a RIGHT, not a privilege. as such would we issue 'tickets' for irresponsibly voting democrat? And take that right away because you did? You are correct, that the issue is one for the courts to decide liability, if some harm were to happen. I don't know what I was thinking, but you are RIGHT ON!
Find
08-28-2015, 04:41 PM,
Threads: 55
(08-27-2015, 10:22 PM)Dutz Wrote: There are 35,000 accidental deaths per year involving automobiles and 500 involving guns.

hospitals and doctors Shutup

Quote:In 1999, the Institute of Medicine published the famous "To Err Is Human" report, which dropped a bombshell on the medical community by reporting that up to 98,000 people a year die because of mistakes in hospitals.
(08-27-2015, 10:22 PM)Dutz Wrote: There are 35,000 accidental deaths per year involving automobiles and 500 involving guns.

hospitals and doctors Shutup

Quote:In 1999, the Institute of Medicine published the famous "To Err Is Human" report, which dropped a bombshell on the medical community by reporting that up to 98,000 people a year die because of mistakes in hospitals.
Find