Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Lake Villa, IL
08-16-2015, 08:54 AM,
Smile  Greetings from Lake Villa, IL
Threads: 8
Smile 
Greetings fellas. Relatively a newcomer to firearms in general. Been shooting/collecting for about 4 years now. For most of my life I was adamantly opposed to gun ownership. Much of this psychology influenced by having gone to fairly liberal high schools/colleges throughout my life.

Had a client that had his own private gun range in his basement and a giant arsenal of firearms. For months on end, he egged me on to just "try it out." About 4 years ago, fired my first gun and found it to be exhilarating and quite intense.

Hence the indoctrination began. =)

Always had this view of gun owners being fear driven backwoods hicks - couldn't have been more wrong. I've met quite a few folks that both collect and are passionate about shooting and they've all been exremely intelligent, politically engaged, and just responsible citizens. Some of the nicest people I've met!

Mostly into C&R rifles - just enjoy the research and history. Admittedly I don't shoot as often as I'd like but the 'collecting' experience is really gratifying.

Met Mike at Red Dot Arms merely through chance via my wife. We ended up building out the Red Dot Store and this forum together, and there are plans underway to scale Red Dot's online presence via a Training focused site, News portal, and tertiary marketing collateral. Stay tuned!

Good to be here and looking forward to evolving relationships!
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” - Mark Twain

Had a client that had his own private gun range in his basement and a giant arsenal of firearms. For months on end, he egged me on to just "try it out." About 4 years ago, fired my first gun and found it to be exhilarating and quite intense.

Hence the indoctrination began. =)

Always had this view of gun owners being fear driven backwoods hicks - couldn't have been more wrong. I've met quite a few folks that both collect and are passionate about shooting and they've all been exremely intelligent, politically engaged, and just responsible citizens. Some of the nicest people I've met!

Mostly into C&R rifles - just enjoy the research and history. Admittedly I don't shoot as often as I'd like but the 'collecting' experience is really gratifying.

Met Mike at Red Dot Arms merely through chance via my wife. We ended up building out the Red Dot Store and this forum together, and there are plans underway to scale Red Dot's online presence via a Training focused site, News portal, and tertiary marketing collateral. Stay tuned!

Good to be here and looking forward to evolving relationships!
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” - Mark Twain
Find
08-16-2015, 11:34 AM,
RE: Greetings from Lake Villa, IL
Threads: 207
Nice to see you here Sir!!!
Find
08-16-2015, 11:46 AM,
Greetings from Lake Villa, IL
Threads: 82
Welcome!
Find
08-16-2015, 01:17 PM,
Threads: 124
Welcome! And I can see from some of your other posts you bring machinist knowledge to the forum as well!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
08-16-2015, 03:32 PM,
Threads: 8
(08-16-2015, 01:17 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: Welcome! And I can see from some of your other posts you bring machinist knowledge to the forum as well!

"Machinist knowledge" - that's a stretch. Just a newb hobbyist. =)
(08-16-2015, 01:17 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: Welcome! And I can see from some of your other posts you bring machinist knowledge to the forum as well!
"Machinist knowledge" - that's a stretch. Just a newb hobbyist. =)
Find
08-16-2015, 05:04 PM,
Threads: 35
Welcome Sir Big Grin
[Image: ericsign.jpg]
[Image: ericsign.jpg]
Find
08-17-2015, 06:29 AM,
Threads: 124
Well enough knowledge to order the machine tools, and probably set them up... Smile
Find
08-17-2015, 08:01 AM,

Threads: 9
Welcome.
Find
08-17-2015, 01:41 PM,
Threads: 14
Glad to have you aboard
Find
08-17-2015, 01:52 PM,
Threads: 79
Welcome
Find
08-17-2015, 06:54 PM,
Threads: 13
Welcome
Find
08-17-2015, 08:00 PM,
Threads: 53
Welcome to the forum! I'm excited about the new training site that's being mentioned.. I'm already exceeding my budget for it but it'll be cool to see all of the classes being offered now!
Find
08-19-2015, 10:18 PM,
Threads: 12
Welcome to the forum, and the company!

Mike and Red Dot as a whole are great people from my experience. Very passionate about what they do.

Mike and Red Dot as a whole are great people from my experience. Very passionate about what they do.
Find
08-20-2015, 02:24 PM,
Threads: 142
Welcome. Hope to see you in training classes at some point.
Find
08-20-2015, 08:17 PM,
Threads: 61
Welcome! Glad to see you joined the good team!
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find