Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/22 Iron sights...TSR200
07-05-2015, 04:49 PM,
Threads: 124
OK, I have put these on and take them to McMiller for sighting in. What a HUGE improvement these are over the awful sights the factory 10/22 comes with. The rear sight is about 7.5" father back, and really improves the view. These are GI peep sights. I can now highly recommend these. The install is easy, (you need a brass punch, and some lock tight. They were not cheap at $70, but they really are quality made (metal). I was hitting much smaller groups with irons, and they do not sacrifice any handiness of the 10/22. RECOMMENDED!Thumbup
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
07-08-2015, 10:56 AM,
RE: 10/22 Iron sights...TSR200
Threads: 207
(07-05-2015, 04:49 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: OK, I have put these on and take them to McMiller for sighting in. What a HUGE improvement these are over the awful sights the factory 10/22 comes with. The rear sight is about 7.5" father back, and really improves the view. These are GI peep sights. I can now highly recommend these. The install is easy, (you need a brass punch, and some lock tight. They were not cheap at $70, but they really are quality made (metal). I was hitting much smaller groups with irons, and they do not sacrifice any handiness of the 10/22. RECOMMENDED!Thumbup

Thumbup
(07-05-2015, 04:49 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: OK, I have put these on and take them to McMiller for sighting in. What a HUGE improvement these are over the awful sights the factory 10/22 comes with. The rear sight is about 7.5" father back, and really improves the view. These are GI peep sights. I can now highly recommend these. The install is easy, (you need a brass punch, and some lock tight. They were not cheap at $70, but they really are quality made (metal). I was hitting much smaller groups with irons, and they do not sacrifice any handiness of the 10/22. RECOMMENDED!Thumbup
Thumbup
Find
07-18-2015, 09:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2015, 09:42 AM by BelieveIn308.)
Photo  RE: 10/22 Iron sights...TSR200
Photo 
[img][Image: DSCN0162.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0165.jpg][/img]

Some pics of the 10/22 with the new sights! So much better! And yes, I am the world's worst photographer...
[Image: DSCN0162.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0165.jpg][/img]

Some pics of the 10/22 with the new sights! So much better! And yes, I am the world's worst photographer...
Find
07-20-2015, 11:38 AM,
Threads: 21
They're look like a nice cosmetic improvement too.
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Find
07-20-2015, 03:07 PM,
(07-20-2015, 11:38 AM)Brian S Wrote: They're look like a nice cosmetic improvement too.

Yeah I think they look sharp on the rifle as well. But the real difference is in the shooting. I have another with a scope, and now this rifle is as accurate as that one is. These sights keep it as handy as can be as well. They are not cheap at $70, but are really well made, easy to install, and REALLY improve my marksmanship with them.

It is not often I recommend something, but these I highly recommend.
(07-20-2015, 11:38 AM)Brian S Wrote: They're look like a nice cosmetic improvement too.
Yeah I think they look sharp on the rifle as well. But the real difference is in the shooting. I have another with a scope, and now this rifle is as accurate as that one is. These sights keep it as handy as can be as well. They are not cheap at $70, but are really well made, easy to install, and REALLY improve my marksmanship with them.

Find
07-20-2015, 03:08 PM,

Find
07-20-2015, 05:32 PM,
Threads: 21
(07-20-2015, 03:08 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote:

$70 Is much less than I'd pay for a scope, Base and rings. I don't care for the base or rings that come with the rifle.

Now you have me thinking! I'm going to look at sights for my 10/22, or try to locate a used 10/22 when I can afford it. I scoped my current 10/22.

Right now 1st on my want list is a getting my Gen 1 G-19 frame swapped, a trigger for a G17 out and them a single stack 9mm.
(07-20-2015, 03:08 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote:

$70 Is much less than I'd pay for a scope, Base and rings. I don't care for the base or rings that come with the rifle.

Now you have me thinking! I'm going to look at sights for my 10/22, or try to locate a used 10/22 when I can afford it. I scoped my current 10/22.

Right now 1st on my want list is a getting my Gen 1 G-19 frame swapped, a trigger for a G17 out and them a single stack 9mm.
Find
08-12-2015, 09:20 AM,
I have a Ruger LC9S single stack 9mm for CCW. I like it a lot. I'm however old school, in liking the manual safety, and really don't care about the magazine disconnect. They have a LC9S Pro model without these if you prefer that. Best of all is the price! The LC9S is small, fun to shoot, is 7+1 (9 rd magazines are available as well), RELIABLE, accurate, and a great trigger. I think it is a really good choice for CCW.

The more I shoot this rifle with the new sights, the more I like it.

The more I shoot this rifle with the new sights, the more I like it.
Find