Red Dot Arms Forum
New indoor range in Waukegan - Printable Version

+- Red Dot Arms Forum (https://rdaforum.com)
+-- Forum: The Gun Counter (https://rdaforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://rdaforum.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: New indoor range in Waukegan (/thread-410.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

New indoor range in Waukegan - AcilletaM - 09-27-2014

Anybody know anything about the new range going in Waukegan, GTR Sport? Supposed to be 22 lanes with 7-8 reserved for members. We've been looking at the membership page and cannot for the life of us understand the benefit of actually being a member. In our case it would be $625 a year for a family of 2, we would get 10 free hours, 5% savings on ammo and accessories. After the 10 free hours range time would be the same as non-members. I know savings is savings but 5% isn't much and 10 hours would cost a non-member $200. What am I missing?

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - RJDSRT - 09-27-2014

They have been building and delaying their opening for quite some time. I think they may actually open this year.

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - fromtheplaines - 09-27-2014

Wow that is expensive, you could always email them to see if you are missing something

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - Ringo3632 - 09-27-2014

I was watching that place for a while.. I'd like to try it out for sure. Hopefully they will actually open soon!

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - AcilletaM - 09-27-2014

Yeah, we plan on calling. The website isn't what I would expect for a group that I'm supposed to take seriously. Like Ryan said they've already missed their opening date by months now and probably won't be open for at least another. To me those are red flags. I put it here to see if anyone else knew or heard anything.

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - fromtheplaines - 09-27-2014

That is the problem with gun sales booming. They want their slice, but who knows if they are ready for it. If they can't get their act together right now

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - Ringo3632 - 09-28-2014

True story. Even when it does open I'll probably take my time before heading in. And honestly it's been so long I thought the idea already folded until this thread was started. I use to live like 5-10 minutes from where it's at so I was following it until I moved father away.

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - BelieveIn308 - 09-28-2014

Wow, that's expensive! McMiller is $200/yr. ($300 if you want to use the 300 yd range). And you can use the range everyday they are open. I go at least 30-40 times a year, so it's like $5 a trip.

Only thing the range is really not good for is sighting in a new scope. Friendly range officers, and genuinely nice. Forget a flag, and they will lend you one. And they have a special 22LR range as well just for plinking.

I can't wait to try mcmiller.. I'll hopefully be going next weekend. This week didn't pan out, but I'm trying to plan for it this time around..

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - AcilletaM - 09-28-2014

Where is this mythical McMillers? Any chance there will be a RDA range soon? Smile Rather go to Lake Villa than Waukegan.

If agree with that... Mcmiller is a little over an hour north of RDA from what Google maps tells me. And last I heard a range for RDA is still gonna be a .. =\

Wow, that's a hike

Yeah that's why I haven't made it up there yet.. Haha it's easier to just hit up Winthrop harbor or McHenry.. Not personally a fan of bass pro...

What is ..=\ ?

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - Mike25 - 09-28-2014

(09-28-2014, 02:49 PM)AcilletaM Wrote: Wow, that's a hike

It's a hike but well worth it. Its 50 miles from Lindenhurst. $22.00 for the day, I was just there again last weekend.

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - RJDSRT - 09-28-2014

Mcmiller is great, It is well worth the drive!!

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - BelieveIn308 - 09-29-2014

It's really not that far. It's like a shade under 50 miles, and most of it is freeway.

It is worth the trip. It's way cheaper, and a very good range.

Sure wish there was such a range in Illinois that even came close.

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - Ringo3632 - 09-29-2014

True story... If there was a range of that size though nearby I'm sure Illinois would find a way to make it a pain.

But if half of the things I've heard about mcmiller are true then it's more than worth the drive

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - Dutz - 09-29-2014

What's nice about McMiller's is your day pass gets you every range. They also have sporting clays. So you can bring your rifles, pistols, and shotgun and spend the day for not that much money. It makes the trip worth it. They have picnic tables for lunch. My wife and I also throw in a little hiking on the Ice Age trail nearby if we are not too tire, i.e. I didn't shoot the Mosin that much. Smile

Here is some "proof" McMiller's exists.

https://rdaforum.com/thread-129.html

RE: New indoor range in Waukegan - Ringo3632 - 09-29-2014

That's a really good idea dutz. I might have to use that to talk my gf into coming with me to make a day of it. Thanks for the idea!