Red Dot Arms Forum
The Saint! - Printable Version

+- Red Dot Arms Forum (http://rdaforum.com)
+-- Forum: The Gun Counter (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Rifles (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: The Saint! (/thread-2788.html)

The Saint! - BelieveIn308 - 11-01-2016 08:41 PM

The new Springfield Saint seems to be quite the AR-15! Now just have to actually see one and price one. A top quality AR, but I have no idea what they will sell for.

RE: The Saint! - Dutz - 11-02-2016 06:55 AM

$900 I hear.

RE: The Saint! - bradberry - 11-02-2016 09:01 AM

(11-02-2016 06:55 AM)Dutz Wrote:  $900 I hear.

http://www.defendyourlegacy.com/saint

Nice looking rifle.

RE: The Saint! - rwhite135 - 11-30-2016 06:37 AM

I don't know. The Saint just seems like a new entry into an already crowded field. I think it would have been more interesting if they'd have entered into the smaller, as far as manufacturers are concerned, AK or AK/AR hybrid market. $900 for what amounts to a higher end of the entry level market also seems a little high. $750-$800 might be a better starting point.

RE: The Saint! - mikereddot - 12-01-2016 03:33 AM

(11-30-2016 06:37 AM)rwhite135 Wrote:  I don't know. The Saint just seems like a new entry into an already crowded field. I think it would have been more interesting if they'd have entered into the smaller, as far as manufacturers are concerned, AK or AK/AR hybrid market. $900 for what amounts to a higher end of the entry level market also seems a little high. $750-$800 might be a better starting point.

Right now, 90% of our sales are on ARs below a G note. That is where the market seems to be.

RE: The Saint! - mikereddot - 12-01-2016 03:36 AM

I haven't had the chance to see one yet. None of our distributors have one. I do have one comming in as an FFL transfer any day now. I'll make a point of fondling it a bit.

Personally, I've been eyeing this one. My son laughed when i told him, "Why buy that, you don't shoot the ones you have now". Kinda rained on my parade a bit. Some day....

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/m1a-socom-16-cqb/

RE: The Saint! - BelieveIn308 - 12-01-2016 02:52 PM

(12-01-2016 03:36 AM)mikereddot Wrote:  I haven't had the chance to see one yet. None of our distributors have one. I do have one comming in as an FFL transfer any day now. I'll make a point of fondling it a bit.

Personally, I've been eyeing this one. My son laughed when i told him, "Why buy that, you don't shoot the ones you have now". Kinda rained on my parade a bit. Some day....

Mike you need to get out to the range! Plan a range day at least once every other month. I always take 3 toys to the range. I shoot them, I clean them, and remember why I selected them. You need to do the same!

RE: The Saint! - mikereddot - 12-01-2016 05:55 PM

Yeah, but my plan is to be at a range EVERYDAY some day.

Smile

I don't know many people that are able to have a bullet trap 10 feet from their office desk. Smile

RE: The Saint! - BelieveIn308 - 12-01-2016 09:51 PM

(12-01-2016 05:55 PM)mikereddot Wrote:  Yeah, but my plan is to be at a range EVERYDAY some day.

Smile

I don't know many people that are able to have a bullet trap 10 feet from their office desk. Smile

Can I say Envy... I guess now that I have taken the SRO class, maybe I need to find a part time job at a range...

RE: The Saint! - bradberry - 12-02-2016 10:05 AM

(12-01-2016 03:36 AM)mikereddot Wrote:  I haven't had the chance to see one yet. None of our distributors have one. I do have one comming in as an FFL transfer any day now. I'll make a point of fondling it a bit.

I agree that the price may be a little high. Out here AR's are on the store shelves and sitting for those sale prices. I have one shop here locally that was selling black Friday specials for under 550. Mike, to echo your sons remarks, I told my wife I was buying a HK SP9K and she asked me the same question. But I want something different than my the 7 (still two left to build) AR's. My brother said he will build me another AK and then I added the two Glocks I just bought, coupled with the coming addition of the HK...will I get time to shoot...HOPE SO!

RE: The Saint! - BelieveIn308 - 07-16-2017 04:19 PM

Like I said make a range day once a month as to the M1A SOCOM, I think I rather have the full size M1A with wood furniture. Once you come over to the .308 side, Mike you will never go back. I still like the Saint as a premium AR15. High quality parts and barrel. It will wear you out before it wears out. Although they have a free floating handguard version that is around $850. Check it out.

RE: The Saint! - rwhite135 - 07-20-2017 09:47 AM

The problem with the Saint, other than the shenanigans pulled by Springfield in Illinois, is still that price tag. With the price of AR15 parts these days, you can build a better one than the Saint for the same price or less. CDNN has had Colt competition kits for sub-$400 lately. Throw a FN or Faxon barrel in there and you have a better setup than the Saint.

As far as ranges go, mine is right outside my backdoor. Big Grin

RE: The Saint! - BelieveIn308 - 07-22-2017 02:02 PM

Oh, I can understand price. I built an AR15, by the time I was done with it, I spent more than a Saint, and don't think it is as good. And I didn't count my time doing it, waiting for mail order parts, etc. I'd say everyone should build one, but I rather spend time at the range shooting it than time building it. I will build one more AR-15, only because I want to do a camo paint job on it. But, I am thinking if you don't have the proper tools (which you need anyways), you might be better off buying a better grade AR off the shelf. I took a poll of the guys at the range, and they were split about 50/50 with half thinking it's cheaper to build your own and the other half preferring to buy range ready.