Red Dot Arms Forum
SINGLE STACK - Printable Version

+- Red Dot Arms Forum (https://rdaforum.com)
+-- Forum: The Gun Counter (https://rdaforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Handguns (https://rdaforum.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: SINGLE STACK (/thread-1996.html)

SINGLE STACK - Fireman - 11-09-2015

Ok I think I have narrowed my choice to either S&W Shield 9mm or Glock 43. I need opinions on which you would choose and why. For example, durability, picked about what ammunition goes through it and any other reasons you can think of. Thanks.

RE: SINGLE STACK - Ringo3632 - 11-09-2015

My vote... Out of those two, I'd go Glock. I've heard Taran Tactical base plates are a good add on for them since they have such a low capacity. My brother is aiming to get the shield because of the price point, but I don't think I'm a fan of it overall. Both do have a good following, but you can pretty much pick up parts for a glock at the gas station, and I don't like the safeties (from the little that I know) on the shield. haha

That being said, I'd hit up youtube and just watch as many random videos as I could comparing them. and of course catch some videos from hickok45.

RE: SINGLE STACK - Dutz - 11-10-2015

Between those two I would chose an XDs. Smile

RE: SINGLE STACK - Rodney - 11-10-2015

Another vote for the XDs. Shutup

RE: SINGLE STACK - bradberry - 11-10-2015

Another Vote for GLOCK! Have you shot either one of them yet?

RE: SINGLE STACK - mikereddot - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 09:41 AM)bradberry Wrote: Another Vote for GLOCK! Have you shot either one of them yet?

I liked the xd(s) so much, i got 2 Smile

RE: SINGLE STACK - Fireman - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 09:41 AM)bradberry Wrote: Another Vote for GLOCK! Have you shot either one of them yet?

I shot the XDs, the 43 and the Shield. At the moment I was leaning towards the Shield. Both felt good. I do have a XD Mod 2 and while the XDs was nice I was shocked and liked the other two better in single stack. I am specifically looking at single stack for when I have to wear business clothes. It will be easier to conceal than the Mod 2. Price point is not a concern between the two.

RE: SINGLE STACK - bradberry - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 05:58 PM)Fireman Wrote:

I shot the XDs, the 43 and the Shield. At the moment I was leaning towards the Shield. Both felt good. I do have a XD Mod 2 and while the XDs was nice I was shocked and liked the other two better in single stack. I am specifically looking at single stack for when I have to wear business clothes. It will be easier to conceal than the Mod 2. Price point is not a concern between the two.

Love my 42 and the concealability of it!
After the AR10 is complete or maybe sooner the 43 will be added to my other Glocks.

RE: SINGLE STACK - BelieveIn308 - 11-10-2015

I have like the Ruger LC9S. Better sights, higher capacity and in my opinion a far better value than the a Glock. At least you don't have to replace the sights day one and the trigger on the LC9S is far better. Really? a Glock 43 for $200 more than a Ruger LC9S?

RE: SINGLE STACK - mikereddot - 11-11-2015

(11-10-2015, 05:58 PM)Fireman Wrote:

One of the reasons I added my 2 cents was that I know you already have the mod 2. Having a gun with the same field and operating the same make training easier. Smoother transitions.