Red Dot Arms Forum
SCCY CPX-1 - Printable Version

+- Red Dot Arms Forum (https://rdaforum.com)
+-- Forum: The Gun Counter (https://rdaforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Handguns (https://rdaforum.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: SCCY CPX-1 (/thread-1863.html)

SCCY CPX-1 - jfergus7 - 09-11-2015

Curious if anyone has one of these. I was at Red Dot today looking at them. Actually my Girlfriend is interested in one. Anyone that has one have any thoughts about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: SCCY CPX-1 - BelieveIn308 - 09-12-2015

I have two friends that have them. I have shot one. They are really a pretty good firearm for the money. The one I fired was 10+1. It is double stack, but feels pretty good in the hand. It is a little snappy if you use +P ammo, but regular 9mm (115 gr) was a lot less recoil. It is not as thin as some a single stacks however, but not so much as to make it a drawback for CCW. I thought the trigger was better than average for a double action. For the price I thought it was a worthy contender. Both the ones I saw didn't have a manual safety. I chose the Ruger LC9S (which cost $80 more) because it was a little thiner, had a great trigger, and I liked the feel a little better. But that said, both my buddies how have them, like them, and they say they are stone cold reliable. And it is 10+1 which is fairly rare in a small pistol. I'd look at the M&P Shield, Ruger LC9s and the Glock 43 (which I think is way overpriced for what it is).

I was probably in RDA today while you were there (I was there for the medical class)... I had on the black polo and jeans.

SCCY CPX-1 - jfergus7 - 09-12-2015

I have an LC9S and she likes it but not enough to take mine so I can get a new gun. She wants to shoot this one and try it out first so hopefully I can find a rental. She also looked at the Taurus PT709 today and really liked that one too so she will just have to decide. I was in yesterday morning early so don't think I saw you

RE: SCCY CPX-1 - BelieveIn308 - 09-13-2015

I wouldn't give her my LC9S. I really, really like mine. It has all the things I like. Being meaty (ok, the nice word for fat), the LC9S is still thin enough and easy to draw from inside the waist band, without me having to buy bigger pants. The weapon so far is stone cold reliable, although I am guilty of not shooting it enough. Seems every time I go to the range I am shooting something else. I have not shot any Taurus semi-automatic, recently. I never cared for them, but I have always liked their revolvers. Oh, by all means, if she can rent one and shoot it first, that is the best way to go.

RE: SCCY CPX-1 - Fireman - 09-13-2015

Check at On Target for the rental. They have a list on their web site. If you go you are best to go on Monday or Tuesday. Monday is free rentals and Tuesday in buy one hour of range time and you can bring a friend for free.

RE: SCCY CPX-1 - Ringo3632 - 09-14-2015

I have the sccy cpx-2. I like it. It is a good gun for the price. I don't like any double action trigger that I've used so far.. So that's a draw back for me, and it did feel a bit snappier than my Springfield. However, that makes sense to me since it is a lighter pistol. They had some videos of them on YouTube doing torture tests with them. If I remember right there were kinda dumb, but still I enjoyed taking a quick look.

I'd vote a Springfield or a Glock over one, but I wouldn't say it's a bad choice by any means! Per usual, practice practice and then practice a little more no matter what equipment you choose.

SCCY CPX-1 - jfergus7 - 09-14-2015

It looks like she is going to pass on the SCCY since it doesn't appear that any of the ranges has one she can try out first. She won't buy a gun if she can't try it first.

SCCY CPX-1 - Brian S - 09-14-2015

(09-14-2015, 09:48 AM)jfergus7 Wrote: It looks like she is going to pass on the SCCY since it doesn't appear that any of the ranges has one she can try out first. She won't buy a gun if she can't try it first.

Makes sense not to buy before ya try. Which firearms has she tried that are in the running to be purchased?

SCCY CPX-1 - jfergus7 - 09-14-2015

Well she likes my LC9S. She also likes the Springfield. She hasn't really tried any others yet. I was hoping she would take my LC9S so I can get a new one but she doesn't want to.