Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: EDC bag items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am curious for those of you that have a dedicated EDC bag what do you have in it?

I dont have much in my bag but i do have first aid kit, glow sticks, knife, multitool, flashlight, paracord.

What are some other good items to have?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
EDC's are different from Bugouts. It really depends a lot on where you go and what you do. I work from home, so my EDC is the entire house. Smile
I have the following:

Older IFAK, 100' paracord, flashlight, 3 days of SOS rations, Life Straw, Knife, 2 magazines (depends what I am carrying), Emergency Bivy and Blankets, Fire starter kit (lighters, waterproof matches, etc), Leatherman, small package WetWipes, Sm. Bottle hand sanitizer, 1 pair Wool socks, Binocluars. In winter I carry an extra Thermal Top.

Just a few extra items, the big difference being the food.
I carry an American Express Gold...and hope for the best. LOL

I do want to add, 95% of my time is spent a couple of miles from my house or the shop. Both are 3.5 apart.
Will Amex be any good once SHTF?
(02-06-2015, 12:08 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: [ -> ]Will Amex be any good once SHTF?

Probably not but we should figure out a way to steal it from him now and load up on all the gear that we need!
I have a 50 mile commute to downtown Chicago. It can easily run 2+ hours each way using at least one mode of public transportation (it depends if I want to walk 1.5 miles from the train station). I think it's the Webalo in me that makes me overpack my bag, just in case...
  • Multitool
  • 3" folding knife
  • AAA Maglight with glass breaker cap
  • 32oz Nalgene water bottle
  • 16oz coffee thermos
  • 1oz bottle of hand sanitizer
  • compact umbrella
  • waterproof sack
  • hand warmers
  • paracord
  • travel pack of Kleenex
  • napkins
  • prescription sunglasses
  • eyeglass cleaner & cloth
  • small towel
  • micro USB charger
  • phone battery
  • spare headphones
  • vitamins
  • Excedrin
  • bag of almonds
  • Altoids
  • extra train/bus passes & schedules
  • American Express Card
  • $60 cash
  • bottle opener strapped to the outside of the backpack (easy access for beer)
This is all in addition to the laptop and other supplies I actually need for my job. I've been stuck on the train for hours due to bad weather & accidents, and even stranded downtown due to a labor strike. It's made me a bit paranoid about getting caught unprepared.
Stealing? That can get you shot unless you are in 'Sitting Duck Zone'. Some people conceal carry now...