Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Bug out packs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright I have decided that I want to start putting together my Bug out pack. I think I am going to look for two different packs one for summer and one for winter. I really don't want to have to deal with repacking very 6 months. I would rather have everything set and ready to go.

For those of you that already have packs what do you have? What do you like and dislike about them? As a former Marine I am very used to carrying large amounts of gear on my back so pack size really doesn't matter to much to me. Clearly I will need a larger pack for winter then I will for summer. I am currently trying to create a plan and location so amount of food/gear will be determined shortly once I get that all figured out but figuring a pack is a good starting point.
Take it this means that no one on this site has ever put a Bug Out bag together.
There is another thread about bug out bags with responses from people: https://rdaforum.com/thread-544.html
I think you will need to re-pack. I do. In the winter you need heavy weather gear. Thermal wear, extra socks, etc. The basic stuff stays the same, but clothing options change.

I have set a limit of 40lbs on mine. I use a full size pack. I have 3 days worth of SOS rations, vitimans, and 3 days of freeze dried food. Probably more than normal, but it's not that much extra weight. I am always trying to reduce weight.
What pack are you using? I have been looking at them but not sure which one I want to go with yet.
One thing that was recommended to me was to get your supplies first, then find a bag to fit
(11-11-2014, 09:27 AM)jfergus7 Wrote: [ -> ]What pack are you using? I have been looking at them but not sure which one I want to go with yet.

I am using two Condor bags, the Condor 3 day Assault pack as my primary BOB, and a Condor compact Assault pack as my EDC. The 3 day pack is just the right size for my BOB gear. The compact Assault pack is too big for my EDC pack IMHO.