Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Flashlights :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What kinds of light are we all carrying? We mentioned in the other thread that light is a necessity. Gotta be able to see your target, right? I carry a Streamlight Pro-tac 2L. Its a super bright LED light 200 lumen with a decent run time (about 1.5 hrs). Runs on 2 CR123 batteries. Iphone camera flashes don't count Tongue
I have a surefire. Almost time for a new one
I use a 3 mode Cree Q5 Ultrafire flashlight. Very compact, easy to keep on you, but delivers a nice 210 lumens on the bright setting, plus it has a strobe function. I really like it. Plus it's cheap and seems to be durable so far, we'll see how long it lasts.
I haven't heard of those yet! Ill give them a look
I have the 5.11 Tactical TMT A2 and so far have been fairly happy with it. It has 3 light settings(high, low, & flash) but the button doesn't always work for it so you have to mess with it all the time. I also purchased the belt clip for it which is real nice but it doesn't lock the light into it so I have dropped it several times especially when sitting down or wearing a jacket or heavy sweatshirt. Overall I like the light but don't think I would purchase it again with the issues I have. To be honest I am lucky I still have it from all the times I have dropped it.
I recently purchased 2 x UltraFire Cree XM-LT6 (1000 lm) 3 mode 10w 18650 LED flashlights online for 8.24 each from www.gearbest.com

Seem to be of excellent quality, compact, and truly bright. I've dropped one a bunch of times, seems pretty tough. Not sure what you would use the strobe feature for. Batteries seem to last awhile (CR123 type).

If you are on a tight budget, or just a cheapskate like me, it seems to be worth the money.
(10-20-2014, 09:35 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: [ -> ]I recently purchased 2 x UltraFire Cree XM-LT6 (1000 lm) 3 mode 10w 18650 LED flashlights online for 8.24 each from www.gearbest.com

Seem to be of excellent quality, compact, and truly bright. I've dropped one a bunch of times, seems pretty tough. Not sure what you would use the strobe feature for. Batteries seem to last awhile (CR123 type).

If you are on a tight budget, or just a cheapskate like me, it seems to be worth the money.

I've got the same thing. Love it, also good for shining on tip-ups when ice fishing.
I'm using a Streamlight Stylus Pro. So far I like it! Bright and just about the same size as a pen. Been using them for years!
Quote:I've got the same thing. Love it, also good for shining on tip-ups when ice fishing.

Sorry to change the subject but where you ice fish at? I am on Lake Shangri-la and ice fish almost everyday!
Upper Michigan. Going second weekend in December then over the Holidays. That's where our cabin is.
Since there seems to be a few people that also fish I started a thread under "The Lounge" https://rdaforum.com/thread-509-post-3655.html#pid3655
I posted a reply about Ice fishing there.
Ok wanted to get this thread back on the original topic. Has anyone seen the new line of Bushnell flashlights at Walmart? I saw them yesterday and the prices were so cheap. I picked up the Pro High Performance 325 lumens light and have to say I love it. I lost my 5.11 light so was looking for a replacement and this will work great. It has high beam, low beam and strobe and at $30 it really is a great deal. Now to head back and get the tiny one for my EDC bag!
I've got a couple of Coast flashlights that work very well. I also picked up a Feit flashlight because the price was right. Seems decent. I'd probably put them in the same category as Cree.
I have a Powertac 5E 950 lumens - low, medium, high, and strobe. And it's waterproof.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerTac-E5-Flashl...B008DXQW3A
I have a Streamlight Twin Task 2L. It has a high and low beam. I think it was 50-60 dollars but it works great.
I have a Streamlight also. I love it. The only issue i have is I have to watch it like a hawk. Everybody in the house uses it when it don't' have it in my pocket and leave it where ever they were when they needed it. sad