Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Single stack 9mm!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have people ask me all the time about when Glock will release a single stack 9mm. This is my answer/opinion;

While Glock is concerned just as any other company with their customer service, the fact is they are a business. Businesses can not survive without critical thinking. That is why, despite the overwhelming demand for a single stack 9mm, they gave us the single stack .380 (model 42) instead.

It would have been a poor decision from a business standpoint to release the 9mm version first. If they had done the 9mm first, there would have been almost zero demand for the .380 later on. They have made a killing off the .380 now, the 9mm will follow shortly, when the sales level out with the 42. I imagine that most folks who bought the 42's will spring for the 9mm when it is released.

Personally, I am waiting out for the 9mm. Hopefully it won't be too long Thumbs up
If/when they do produce a single stack 9mm you bet I'll be getting one. Right now my choice of carry is my Sig P239 SAS but I'm going to switch to my 2007 Glock 19 gen 3 (been thinking about getting a gen 4 G19) because I simply shoot it better than my Sigs. Having a single stack Glock, especially for the summer months sure sounds nice. Fingers are crossed that they will make an announcement sometime soon.
Have you taken a peek at the Xd-s 9 and 45. They got a sweet deal until the end of the month. You get 5 mags and 2 mag pouches.
http://gearup.springfield-armory.com/Gearup.asp

Oh, and Welcome to the forum largefarva. We have a new contest coming out any day. You'll want to get an avatar on your account.
There we go with an avatar. Pic of my female boxer the other night when she was sleeping on my lap. And snoring up a storm....god it was loud. lol
If you have don't have your heart set on a Glock, you might want to look at the Ruger LC9S (S=striker fired) single stack 9mm. It has a really good trigger and is like $150 less than the Glock 26...