Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Do I or don't I?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do I attempt to take it apart or don't I?
Quite the question top ask! Chances are taking a firearm apart and not having the ability to reassemble it can get costly. It is more difficult putting something back together not knowing exactly how it is disassembled. Word to the wise, when in doubt, take it in.

What your thoughts?
(03-18-2017, 04:55 PM)GunnyTim Wrote: [ -> ]Do I attempt to take it apart or don't I?
Quite the question top ask! Chances are taking a firearm apart and not having the ability to reassemble it can get costly. It is more difficult putting something back together not knowing exactly how it is disassembled. Word to the wise, when in doubt, take it in.

What your thoughts?

If you are not sure what you are doing, absolutely get advice or take it to someone who knows. There are plenty of videos out in this connected world that may show you how to disassemble and reassemble. Especially handguns. When it comes to long guns (especially older ones) one may want to take it in. Know your weapons inside and out and get used to taking them apart and putting them back together again. Unless you are not mechanically inclined but even those individuals should learn how to.