Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Election Change?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the election are preppers cutting back? Or just relaxing a bit? Of the groups I know of, most are still vigilant, but many are having sighs of relief, as though they averted a civil war. I'm interested to know what you guys think.

On another note, this Sunday was an interesting prepper experience. The furnace completely went out, as the heat exchanged failed. So the house was a balmy 54 degrees when I woke up Sunday. After building a big fire in the fireplace and testing a barrel stove I made the house was at 55 degrees and has maintained that. It gives you an appreciation for what they did before furnaces and gas heat. One thing I have learned is I would go through a lot of firewood in a winter.
While we have relaxed for the moment, we still remain vigilant. We still buy extra ammo, food and water and maintain a sort of escape plan. It is a little easier here in a smaller town. When it comes to weapons, I still have to deal with our Liberal State GOV.
We have a reprieve. They will be back and with a vengeance.