Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Glock Generation differences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see we are up to Gen 4 Glocks. My old Glock duty weapons are old enough they didn't have a Generation designation. I guess making them Gen 0 or Gen 1's. Will the new Gen 4 magazines work in my old Glocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-12-2017, 10:50 PM)Ocean17 Wrote: [ -> ]I see we are up to Gen 4 Glocks. My old Glock duty weapons are old enough they didn't have a Generation designation. I guess making them Gen 0 or Gen 1's. Will the new Gen 4 magazines work in my old Glocks?

There should not be any issue. I have gen 1, 2, and 3 in my 40, and 45 cal as well as my 9 and I use all mags equally. I do not own Gen 4 Glocks as my brother does and all of his "Glock" mags, get used equally. I do not buy aftermarket mags either.
Found this for you on my Glock Forum from user - MtStream in response to a question.

User LDO:
sorry for this newb question but what is the difference between the Gen 3 and 4 mags?

What will work with what? My Glocks are all Gen 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Osageid View Post
If I am not mistaken they will all be interchangeable until you try to put a gen3 mag into a gen4 pistol where mag release switched to other side. Gen 4 mags have double notch

Yes, on a Gen4 pistol you can reverse the magazine catch to the other side of the gun. If the OP is not going to do this, then all Glock magazines will work.
Thank you, I appreciate the information