Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: FNS 9 The only 9!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This was my target doing double taps at 25 and 50 feet. 100 rounds-This is the best handgun I've ever owned-and I've owned a few!

[Image: 475813897853997057]
Nice shooting, Matt! I have the FNX9, that thing shoots like an absolute dream.
[attachment=5]Here's my qualification results from this past weekend. Sig P250! I know it's not on everyone's favorite list but I love it. Thanks again RDA for the well run/organized IL CCW class.
Pretty good qualify for a double action only pistol! Nice job!
I watched you shoot Mike. Nice work indeed! Come back for the class anytime to brush up! We'd love to have you-and its free, save for the range time and ammo!

My next purchase is the FNX Tactical 45!
(06-11-2014, 12:48 PM)MathewSHarrison Wrote: [ -> ]I watched you shoot Mike. Nice work indeed! Come back for the class anytime to brush up! We'd love to have you-and its free, save for the range time and ammo!

Thanks Matt, there's no doubt I'll be back! Keep up the good Twitter feed
(06-11-2014, 02:35 PM)Mike25 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2014, 12:48 PM)MathewSHarrison Wrote: [ -> ]I watched you shoot Mike. Nice work indeed! Come back for the class anytime to brush up! We'd love to have you-and its free, save for the range time and ammo!

Thanks Matt, there's no doubt I'll be back! Keep up the good Twitter feed

He is a tweet-master Big GrinBig Grin
That is now my new name, Tweet-master matty matt and the funky bunch!
Spread the word on the twitter thing Mike-I'll be your best friend-we need to blanket the nation-its a great place for people to find our sales, training, etc!
Working on it, there was a guy in the Sig Forum looking for a p250...I posted the RDA link
You're a gentleman and a scholar Mike! Thanks a zillion.
As many post as can be put in other forums about this site and www.reddotarms.com the better. Thanks everybody for the help.
Always good to read that people love a gun. I came into RDA today looking to buy a pistol for Concealed Carry. I wanted something a little large, and 9mm. I was going to go with a Glock 19, but I asked Ryan and he recommended the FNS. So I asked him what he liked about it and he explained his reasons. The pistol felt better in my hand. I liked the manual safety. I took it apart and it looked very well made. I will see if it is as good as he says when I pick it up. I'll take it right to McMiller and put it through it's paces.

I am kind of looking forward to it now! I have to say I really like the Springfield XD series. But this just looked so much better made than the Glocks and I didn't want another XD...
You're gonna love it! I'm happy to be able to help!

-Ryan
Took the FNS (and a Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced) to McMiller to today. Shot at 25yds & 50 yds with both. Have to say I did much better with the Remington which I have probably put 1500 rds through. But I was on the target with almost all of the 100 rds from the FNS, even if they all seemed to hit low. This was from a standing position one handed. I think I'll improve a lot next time out. I really like the trigger pull and lack of recoil. Way better than my buddies glock 19 I shot today also. I am really liking this pistol. I think I'll need one of those magazine loading devices for the mags though, the last 2 rounds are a pain to get in (17).
2nd trip to the range with the FNS-9. Did much better today hitting the target. Used this cheap PerFecta 9mm (Fiocchi made, Tul distributed) Wally World ammo (11.95/box) which seemed really top notch, clean and accurate. This pistol is rapidly becoming my favorite. I did however order a Maglula for it as the magazines are a pain to get the last 2 rounds in (17).

The gun is more accurate than this shooter. Shot at 25 and 50 yards today, and a half a box at 100. Comfortable gun to shoot all day long. I did put through 25 hollow points and surprisingly didn't notice any subtle differences. Follow up shots on target are really easy, especially if you are using both hands.

I am liking this gun a lot.
I've been looking at the FNX-9 lately and was happy to read this. I think it'll be my next pistol purchase.. Especially after being able to read the first impression you had with it!

I was looking at the Glock 19 gen4 before, but that's more or less the Honda Civic of the gun world. Which can be a great thing, but I would like something with the SA/DA and looks a little better. I think this gun will fit the bill perfectly. Now just to get to the shop to try and hold one for a little while.
Ringo, I have never a big fan of the FN family. I just purchased and FNX-45, AND I LOVE IT. Great gun. I may have to the get the 9 soon.
Mike, if you want to give my FNX9 a run, let me know. you can borrow it any time.
I just took notice of them when I picked up the recoil/fnh magazine after a class at RDA. And with them getting so much love on here I'm thinking I couldn't go wrong. I held the fnx-40 at the shop and thought it was really comfortable.
Do the make an FNS-45? It's funny, but I prefer the striker fired version way better.
Pages: 1 2