Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Varget Powder...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow... Today I went into the new Big "R" in McHenry and checked out their ammo section, and on there reloading supply shelf they Varget powder at $23.98 a lb. Lots of it. And other powder as well... Considering I have not seen this in quite awhile I was stunned, and bought 4 lbs.
I definitely need to go in there...
Alas, word has gotten around... They had 6 - 8 lb. & 11 - 1 lb. last time I was there, now they just 1 - 1 lb. left, which I bought. Maybe I should have not posted this...
I am running a Dillon 550B reloading press. This is a manual progressive press. I am still relatively new to reloading (less than 6,000 rds) and I have a question. Being a newbie, I still am checking the exact weight of my powder charges, every 10-12 rounds. I have noticed that their can be .2 of a grain difference from my base. I am using Varget powder, but this seems to be a pretty wide variance. Is this normal? (reloading .308, 168 gr., trying for exactly 42.5 gr. of Varget). I've had zero issues with these rounds at the range.