Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Ruger American Pistol?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you guys have one in? Have you tried it? Any Details?
I haven't seen one. I've asked the boys for some feedback.
They look interesting.
Stopped at RDA today, and took a look at the 9mm version. Not sure how I like it. It is a bit heavy, but that's because there is more metal than polymer. The barrel was stainless which is a nice feature. It had a ambidexterous mag release, which I am not sure I like. The sights were great. I am not sure I liked the grip on it. It is not as tactile on the sides. I think it would be better with one of the bigger backstrap options it comes with. All in all it could be a great firearm. The proof will be shooting it. I am adding it to my want list. I know have three guns on my want list, This one, a S&W 22 Victory, and a Russian VEPR in 7.62x54R... If I can afford two out of three this year, I'll be doing good!
According to news out of SHOT show the prices on the Veprs should be coming down later in the year. They are getting a new importer that will be more on the ball. Molot is also increasing their production and we will see the other calibers returning to the US retail market, including 5.56x45mm & .308. They are also bringing the Vepr 12 shotgun back. It's their version of the Saiga 12.
I just cannot get the VEPR off my want list. After the guy at McMillers was kind enough to let me shoot a half dozen rounds through it I feel in love. It is so much more than just an enlarged AK-47. The gun he had was very, very accurate, even for shooting it for the first time. If it were to come down $100-150, I'd be all over it. The cost is $959 from Atlantic firearms today. (Add in $30 shipping and $25 FFL Fee and it is $1014). If it were $850, their would be one in my safe today!
They were saying $699 for the shotgun so I'd expect the rifles to be in the $750-800 range maybe even a little lower than that.