Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: California gun control told my Jesse James
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought this was an interesting read and too surreal to not share. This is Jesse James from West Coast Choppers

Quote:I wrote this 3 years ago. Rings pretty true today.

"My California view of how well strict gun control works.

Up until a year and a half ago I spent the last 20 years with my shop West Coast Choppers located at "Four Corners" in the heart of Long Beach. This is where 2 Crip gangs, the East Side Longos, and the Asian Boys gangs come together.
Take note: Since the 1980's California has led the nation with the strictest gun control laws.
In the middle of this state I have seen more dead bodies than I can count. On my way to work at least once a week in the early mornings streets are often closed off with yellow tape. Because somebody is dead from a gun shot wound. Or sometimes bodies were just seen laying there waiting for police to arrive. 3 people had been killed in 5 years at Rosa's Liquor Store next door by the owner,
trying to protect himself his family business from armed robbers.
Every 4th of July, and Every New Years I always had to bring the dogs home. They would get shell shocked by weapons fire all night. The roof of the shop would always have holes from falling bullets.
Many police officers, and friends have been shot, and shot at. Some paralyzed, some died. All with there guards up 100% of the time. My high school friend Who flies the police helicopter had been shot at and hit several times. Emergency landings.
On a weekly basis Cop friends would always check in to make sure I was carying a gun at all times. They would want to see it to make sure. They would tell me "You better be packing"
For the last 20 years living in California I could never let my guard down, not even for a minute.
This is what living in a state with strict gun control was like.

In the middle of all this death and violence in Long Beach California my shop West Coast Choppers was never Robbed or Broken in to in 20 years. It was pretty common knowledge in my neighborhood that I carried, and would defend my business.

Since moving to Texas (a state with far less gun restrictions) I have not seen one dead body. have not experience any drive by shootings. My dogs are 100% different dogs now. I can now relax, and live life in this Free country.
I have for the first time in my life enjoyed the freedom to purchase and shoot the guns of my choice. I have been able to enjoy these things with my family and teach them the safe proper way to shoot, handle, and secure weapons. Using the freedoms that the 2nd Amendment protects.

Mirroring California Gun laws nationwide is Only going to keep the honest people, honest.
People that should not have guns, will still find a way to get them."
go figure. Look at the shooting this week...14 dead in a gun free one in a gun free State. Thanks Democrats for allowing our citizens to die.
(12-04-2015, 01:37 AM)XdEric Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this was an interesting read and too surreal to not share. This is Jesse James from West Coast Choppers

Quote:I wrote this 3 years ago. Rings pretty true today.

"My California view of how well strict gun control works.

Up until a year and a half ago I spent the last 20 years with my shop West Coast Choppers located at "Four Corners" in the heart of Long Beach. This is where 2 Crip gangs, the East Side Longos, and the Asian Boys gangs come together.
Take note: Since the 1980's California has led the nation with the strictest gun control laws.
In the middle of this state I have seen more dead bodies than I can count. On my way to work at least once a week in the early mornings streets are often closed off with yellow tape. Because somebody is dead from a gun shot wound. Or sometimes bodies were just seen laying there waiting for police to arrive. 3 people had been killed in 5 years at Rosa's Liquor Store next door by the owner,
trying to protect himself his family business from armed robbers.
Every 4th of July, and Every New Years I always had to bring the dogs home. They would get shell shocked by weapons fire all night. The roof of the shop would always have holes from falling bullets.
Many police officers, and friends have been shot, and shot at. Some paralyzed, some died. All with there guards up 100% of the time. My high school friend Who flies the police helicopter had been shot at and hit several times. Emergency landings.
On a weekly basis Cop friends would always check in to make sure I was carying a gun at all times. They would want to see it to make sure. They would tell me "You better be packing"
For the last 20 years living in California I could never let my guard down, not even for a minute.
This is what living in a state with strict gun control was like.

In the middle of all this death and violence in Long Beach California my shop West Coast Choppers was never Robbed or Broken in to in 20 years. It was pretty common knowledge in my neighborhood that I carried, and would defend my business.

Since moving to Texas (a state with far less gun restrictions) I have not seen one dead body. have not experience any drive by shootings. My dogs are 100% different dogs now. I can now relax, and live life in this Free country.
I have for the first time in my life enjoyed the freedom to purchase and shoot the guns of my choice. I have been able to enjoy these things with my family and teach them the safe proper way to shoot, handle, and secure weapons. Using the freedoms that the 2nd Amendment protects.

Mirroring California Gun laws nationwide is Only going to keep the honest people, honest.
People that should not have guns, will still find a way to get them."

Now take that story and parallel it with living in Chicago. I wonder how much the story line would have changed.