Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Skills and drills classes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody signed up for the skills and drills class that's coming up? I believe the.. 29th if memory serves.. I'm pretty stoked to go and was just wondering if anyone else on here was joining!
I'm signed up
I wish I could... I am signed up for the Red Cross emergency medical class on Sept 12th. That will be my next class.
I'm signed up.
I'm not signed up, but I'll be there. Smile
Haha Mike you better be there! I'm still trying to decide if I want to use my XDs, or my XDm...
(08-19-2015, 11:46 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: [ -> ]Haha Mike you better be there! I'm still trying to decide if I want to use my XDs, or my XDm...

Bring both.

You'll enjoy the XDM more. 200 rds out of an XDs can make a for a long morning.

I've seen a student of ours, someone on this forum shoot 120 rds out of an XDs 45. He hand was raw and bleeding. sad
(08-20-2015, 08:24 PM)mikereddot Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2015, 11:46 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: [ -> ]Haha Mike you better be there! I'm still trying to decide if I want to use my XDs, or my XDm...

Bring both.

You'll enjoy the XDM more. 200 rds out of an XDs can make a for a long morning.

I've seen a student of ours, someone on this forum shoot 120 rds out of an XDs 45. He hand was raw and bleeding. sad

I have a 5.25" barrel XDm in .45ACP and it is a pleasure to shoot...
I have done around 200 out of the XDs before in one session, and I will say I felt it for a while. Haha went to Tommy's n ordered a drink n I pretty much just held it on my hand cause it felt good. Lol

But yeah idk why I didn't think of bringing both.. It'll also help show me which one I'm more proficient at using.
I'll bring my XD-M 9mm 5.25" and the 938.
I've been starting (finally) to practice my draws more with the XDm and the tagua holster. It's more complicated than using the alien gear rig. Not bad necessarily, just interesting how much it changes it up with the amount of friction from the holster. I'm excited to get to learn to use it a little better.
After finishing the clinic even with a bit of rainy weather, I'm sad that I hadn't taken any of the previous ones! Not only did I think it was a very useful class, it helped build confidence in everything you can't do at the range. From practicing your draws, your shots, shooting from different positions i.e. from the hip or the high ready, shooting while moving forward and backwards.. I think it's fairly safe to say it's one of the better things that I've signed up for.

There was a mixture of experience levels in our group, and everyone was able to move along together and helped each other out. However, before I ramble on any farther I would highly encourage taking this class if you have your CCW! Everything was relevant, and there was barely a wasted minute.
(08-29-2015, 10:22 PM)Ringo3632 Wrote: [ -> ]After finishing the clinic even with a bit of rainy weather, I'm sad that I hadn't taken any of the previous ones! Not only did I think it was a very useful class, it helped build confidence in everything you can't do at the range. From practicing your draws, your shots, shooting from different positions i.e. from the hip or the high ready, shooting while moving forward and backwards.. I think it's fairly safe to say it's one of the better things that I've signed up for.

There was a mixture of experience levels in our group, and everyone was able to move along together and helped each other out. However, before I ramble on any farther I would highly encourage taking this class if you have your CCW! Everything was relevant, and there was barely a wasted minute.

I agree! This was my first S&D class and didn't really know what to expect. The course was very safe foremost, and fun! I felt a bit guilty popping off some rounds before the command, but soon got the hang of how Mike did the routine. I see October is the next class, so I hope to sign up for it.

Thanks RDA!