Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Ruger announces convertible .45 ACP/.45 Colt Redhawk (VIDEO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.guns.com/2015/06/15/ruger-ann...awk-video/

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I have to wonder who is asking for this
I also don't get the appeal of shooting the little auto cartridges out of these revolvers and dealing with the flimsy moon clips
(06-16-2015, 01:50 PM)AcilletaM Wrote: [ -> ]I have to wonder who is asking for this

I would like it. I love shooting 45 colt but find myself second guessing it because of price of ammunition. the versatility allows for practice with a cheaper round without having to have two guns. i love me some 45!
Yeah I'd look at it like getting a .357 mag, n shooting done .38 specials through it. But I'm gonna have to remember to watch the video when I'm not at work!
(07-27-2015, 01:05 PM)dmk123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2015, 01:50 PM)AcilletaM Wrote: [ -> ]I have to wonder who is asking for this

I would like it. I love shooting 45 colt but find myself second guessing it because of price of ammunition. the versatility allows for practice with a cheaper round without having to have two guns. i love me some 45!
Is been explained to me that the IDPA guys like them because you can load them faster.

If I had spare money and all the other firearms on my firearm bucket list I doubt I would ever have a use for a 45 Colt/45 ACP revolver. I love revolvers for target and hunting (not Lions Puppyeyes).

A .44 mag/44special will get the job done on most North American Game.

My favorite revolver round for range shooting is .357 not only is it a fun at the range, other than capacity it's a nice weapon for home intruder's.
The only revolver I plan on getting is a .357 magnum for the same reason you have for the .44 magnum. If 6, 7, or even 8 rounds of .357 magnum doesn't drop your target in the North American brush then you have a problem that a .44 magnum's 5 or 6 probably aren't going to solve either.
The only two animals I think you might have a problem with .357 magnum are Polar Bears and maybe a very large Moose. A .357 magnum should be enough to drop even the biggest mountain lion. And it will dispatch a charging buffalo. So I think a quality .357 revolver will deal with 99% of anything you can encounter. So I have to agree with rwhite, if 6 rds of .357 mag. can't deal with it, .44 mag is not likely to improve the situation much. That's why god created rifles.
(08-01-2015, 10:31 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: [ -> ]The only two animals I think you might have a problem with .357 magnum are Polar Bears and maybe a very large Moose. A .357 magnum should be enough to drop even the biggest mountain lion. And it will dispatch a charging buffalo. So I think a quality .357 revolver will deal with 99% of anything you can encounter. So I have to agree with rwhite, if 6 rds of .357 mag. can't deal with it, .44 mag is not likely to improve the situation much. That's why god created rifles.

I was thinking Polar Bears, I forgot about moose.
There's always the elusive mind controlling bigfoot to have to deal with, too. Thumbup

http://www.destinationamerica.com/tv-sho...r-hunters/