Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Shotgun outings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since I'm new to the shotgun world, and just only started with training and initial purchase, anyone interested in shooting somewhere as a group? Since I've met with some of you already, it would be more fun that way.

I've looked at CCKC, meh!
I've looked at McHenry...possibly
Richmond appears to be WAY too expensive, unless you know someone.
McMillers, for sure, but it's a drive.

I'll probably head over to McHenry this weekend to check it out.
FYI, Steve just called Richmond, and we are trying to see if we can get skills and drills there for the shotgun class. Stay tuned.
I have been meaning to check out mchenry
And I wouldn't mind going to mcmillers either. I just can't go on a Sunday I shoot league that day. And if some one did want to go to bristol I am fine there as well
If you can find a member of northbrook,go there. It's private but they can bring guest. It is awesome
(06-11-2015, 05:40 PM)fromtheplaines Wrote: [ -> ]If you can find a member of northbrook,go there. It's private but they can bring guest. It is awesome

Northbrook are not keen on having folks bring to many guest. Not sure why.
Really? The time I went it didn't seem like an issue. One day I would like to be a member there but the expense upfront is a lot
I'd like to go ahead to McHenry either this weekend or next. Anyone interested in partnering up?
If you can wait another week I am in. My sister is getting married on the 18th so the next two weekends are full.
(07-08-2015, 11:43 AM)fromtheplaines Wrote: [ -> ]If you can wait another week I am in. My sister is getting married on the 18th so the next two weekends are full.

OK...would you like to lock in September 1st?
Did you mean August 1st?
Yes...sorry! Dyslexic I am. I'm going to put down August 1st on my calendar for a couple hours of fun. If you'd like to team up, we can nail down a specific time, but I'll set my initial window for 11AM, when they open. Let me know if that works.
Yea I am game
Bump, and any one else game as well. It would be cool if we could get a full.squad.
Where is CCKC?
McHenry shotgun ranges look to be member only, unless i have missed one. i probably did so info on where it is would be most appreciated.
McMillers is a definite and (from what i understand) is well worth it not only for shotguns but any rifle.

If anyone is interested in going on a Monday p.m. me and we could try and put something together.
I'd like to.. I'm suppose to meet my brother up at mcmillers (hopefully) and then off to a baseball game a little after
Mchenry is open to the public it's hard to find on the website but it's there. Ckcc is in Bristol Wisconsin off of 45.
(07-27-2015, 12:58 PM)dmk123 Wrote: [ -> ]Where is CCKC?
McHenry shotgun ranges look to be member only, unless i have missed one. i probably did so info on where it is would be most appreciated.
McMillers is a definite and (from what i understand) is well worth it not only for shotguns but any rifle.

If anyone is interested in going on a Monday p.m. me and we could try and put something together.

McHenry is open to public and very affordable! I got a whole trap to myself on Sunday, with two boxes of shells for about $23. How fast it goes when you're by yourself, too. I was all done in half an hour! Memberships are available but not required.
Yea that is the one sucky thing about trap, is the games happen so fast. Skeet is the opposite I once had one game take 40 minutes that sucked.
I'll be wearing white shorts tomorrow; not sure if we've met or not.
Pages: 1 2