Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Fear The Walking Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is anyone else looking forward to this?

I can't wait!
I am! I never finished the walking dead entirely... I'm trying to watch it with my girlfriend n we have somewhat conflicting schedules... But either way I'm excited for it!
It should be good, I enjoy the show. And have been reading the comic for a long time. Kinda lame name though
The wife and i watch it on a regular basis. Have not missed an episode.
We generally have to find alternative ways to watch it since we haven't had any tv hooked up at the house.. There's 5 people that live here total and we couldn't come to an agreement last year so we just never got it. haha We will be this year though so I plan on trying to keep up!

Also,

My brother has the comic but I'm not sure if he's ever touched it.. worth stealing from him to read or just kinda meh?
is that the spin off that they were talking about?
(fear the walking dead)
Yeah it's suppose to happen at the same time as the beginning of the original series. just with a different group and outlook I believe?
(05-19-2015, 11:13 PM)Ringo3632 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it's suppose to happen at the same time as the beginning of the original series. just with a different group and outlook I believe?

im going to have to look in to that, if its half as good as the original it would be a good addition to my rotation, idk why but in the last few years i have really been in to the whole zombies thing.
I like it.. It's a fun fantasy to use your imagination, and also it appeals to the prepper side in me. You can make and build your EDC or BOB ect, just from these scenarios and thoughts from the zombie movies and shows, and they'll be applicable to pretty much any real life situation that we may encounter. You just have to keep in mind that there's many different situations that you should be preparing for.. not just flesh eating neighbors...
(05-19-2015, 11:41 PM)Ringo3632 Wrote: [ -> ]I like it.. It's a fun fantasy to use your imagination, and also it appeals to the prepper side in me. You can make and build your EDC or BOB ect, just from these scenarios and thoughts from the zombie movies and shows, and they'll be applicable to pretty much any real life situation that we may encounter. You just have to keep in mind that there's many different situations that you should be preparing for.. not just flesh eating neighbors...

i agree, unfortunately we are living so large that if or when things take a turn for the worst life will get ugly, our rivals base their forces on beating us so we should all be ready, i try at least once a month to make what would seem like a random purchase that pisses off my wife but if ever the time comes at least we are covered.
The comic is worth it, but they have an app x comic or something like that. You buy the digital copies which is alot nicer. I'd rather have everything in my kindle than the days of boxes of comics. The comic is nice since the show us based off of it but the show gas grown on its own
(05-19-2015, 11:13 PM)Ringo3632 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it's suppose to happen at the same time as the beginning of the original series. just with a different group and outlook I believe?

The way I understand it, it's actually a precursor to the original series. You get to find out when and where the "virus" started, and how it spread. Basically, everything leading up to Rick waking up in the hospital.

I'm not sure if it will be nearly as good as the original series, but it's something to watch until the next season starts.
Here's a pretty good description of what to expect, from one of the shows creators:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/show...ff-series/
Sorry but I had to add this:

http://www.naturalnews.com/049754_zombie...nking.html

After all it is about ZOMBIES!
When is thus starting up?
Hey, combine that with the real things going on in the world and that's exactly how we wind up with an American apocalypse... It'll hit America and the majority of the population will be standing there like what happened??? We've been so politically correct how could this happen?
(05-20-2015, 11:56 AM)fromtheplaines Wrote: [ -> ]When is thus starting up?

All i have seen thus far is Summer 2015. No actual date.
So what did people think?
It didn't blow me away, but I liked it.

I thought it was an interesting idea to start with the first person in this family to see was a drug addict. Not only did it allow them to disregard what he saw at first, but when it came time to kill the guy at the end it made it more plausible that the drug addict did so rather than the dad or something. That would have been less plausible. That allowed them to see the death first hand.

It has to move slower than the Walking Dead otherwise you are just remaking the same show.
I thought it was the same basic show just starting at a different point in the zombie apocalypse timeline.
Pages: 1 2