Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: This is a first for me....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've always hated winter, but this year I'm sad to see it go.

Regardless on how I hate the cold season, I would always wear a small nylon windbreaker unless we had sub zero weather.

This year was different, I've been wearing this big ole parka winter coat since late fall.

Why the change of heart you may ask....because I can easily conceal my full size XD(m) 45, it allows me carry and extra mag, a spare xds in the pocket and 2 more mags for the little one.

For the first time in my life, I'll be sad to wear short and sandals, and be stuck carrying my bodyguard 380 when going to Walmart.

Going to be a long summer.....
(03-07-2015, 09:28 PM)mikereddot Wrote: [ -> ]I've always hated winter, but this year I'm sad to see it go.

Regardless on how I hate the cold season, I would always wear a small nylon windbreaker unless we had sub zero weather.

This year was different, I've been wearing this big ole parka winter coat since late fall.

Why the change of heart you may ask....because I can easily conceal my full size XD(m) 45, it allows me carry and extra mag, a spare xds in the pocket and 2 more mags for the little one.

For the first time in my life, I'll be sad to wear short and sandals, and be stuck carrying my bodyguard 380 when going to Walmart.

Going to be a long summer.....
Thumbup
With more states every year going to open carry...you never know. Yes, I know where I live, but we said that about conceal carry not that long ago.
Texas is now the 34th state to get open carry...16 more to do Smile
I agree. I carried on Saturday while out hiking; nice big pocket in my parka to conceal it in. Summer rolls around and I'll probably carry IWB, although I still don't like how uncomfortable it is for me...not a good holster I guess.
I just love sporting a full size 45 with 13 Rds. Smile
Hard not too... .45ACP is still the caliber of choice for BIG holes.
I agree.. I'll probably try investing in some larger shirts this year to continue my iwb.. Just got use to making it work for winter clothes easily, now to switch it up for summer activities!